Home NEWS Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Alleged Demotion, Says It’s Fake News

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Alleged Demotion, Says It’s Fake News

26
0

The Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), Dolapo Badmus has described as fake news, the report that she has been demoted by the Nigeria Police Force.

The former Lagos PPRO debunked the report in a tweet via her official Twitter account on Saturday.

A member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s media team, Ayo Akanji had in a series of tweets on Saturday said that Dolapo Badmus and a former head of the Police Complaint Unit, Yomi Shogunle are among the demoted and reprimanded officers.

It will be recalled that the Police Service Commission had earlier announced to take administrative action against 37 former operatives of the notorious Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Mr. Yomi Shogunle on the other hand is yet to comment on the report as at press time.

The administrative action comes following nationwide protests by Nigerian youths who called for an end to SARS over its notorious and vicious activities across the country.

The protest have continued despite the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a controversial unit of the Nigeria Police Force.

The disbandment was officially confirmed by the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu earlier this week who announced the creation of new outfit to replace the defunct SARS.

The new unit known as Special Weapons and Tactics Team ( SWAT), has also been widely rejected by the protesting youths with #EndSWAT trending on different social media platforms.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.